Documenting details of PRN medications administered
These forms are designed to prompt the recording of all relevant details:
- Resident name
- Medication administered
- Date and time given
- Reason for administration
- Authority to administer (if required)
- Nurse's signature when given
- Record of the effect of the medication when known
- Time assessed
- Nurse's signature
- Label Format - Detach and adhere to manual progress notes.
- Paper format - Input medium for computer generated Progress Notes - Sign each entry when data entry is made.