The multidose chart (Ref LTHC 02) is used where only one signature is required for issuing the contents of a multi-dose delivery method (e.g. Webster packs, sachet packs etc).
This chart provide six months recording of medication orders and administration. The advantage of this longer overview makes it easy for a doctor or pharmacist to review a resident’s medication history.
This chart is designed to save constant rewriting and transcribing, so that medication errors are minimised.
High care chart can be adapted to suit high and low-care use for those facilities that have ageing-in-place.
Medication categories in this chart include
- Once-only and stat drugs
- Short-term drugs, e.g. antibiotics
- Long-term (regular) drugs
- Verbal (telephone) orders
- PRN (when-required) drugs
- Drugs with variable/reducing doses
- Intermittent drugs
- Complementary medications
- Nurse-initiated medications
These useful special features foster accuracy
All of these features, below, provide information to assist staff with the individual medication requirements of each resident.
- A plastic pocket, on the front cover, for the resident’s photograph.
- Space for recording allergies and reactions.
- Commonly used abbreviations.
- Areas to highlight medications that require monitoring.
- Notes about the type of medications recorded.
- Special considerations provide for important individual resident’s needs. Can also assist with preparation of ACFI.
- Doctor/pharmacist reviews